What is CanPowerSkate Pre-Power?CanPowerSkate’s Pre-Power is designed for young skaters, at least 4 years of age who have passed Badge Level 2 of Canskate.
What are the benefits of Participating in CanPowerSkate?
CanPowerSkate is the only nationally regulated power skating program in Canada. It was developed by a team of hockey, figure skating and ringette experts to teach the fundamentals of power skating in a progressive and sequential manner. When you/your child registers for a CanPowerSkate program at your local Skate Canada club, you also become a member of Skate Canada, the national sport governing body for figure skating in Canada. Membership benefits in the CanPowerSkate program can include:• participation in a unique skill testing system which includes award bars and ribbons
• parent information sheets
• progress updates and report cards
• special CanPowerSkate events and club functions
• opportunity to be talent-scouted
• opportunity to participate in a healthy lifestyle activity
All participants must:• wear a proper fitting CSA approved hockey helmet. No bike helmets permitted. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
• wear warm clothing which allows ease of movement.
• wear gloves. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
• have proper fitting skates.